Friday, September 14, 2007

Love My Men

Here in the midwest & especially in Oklahoma, the smell of maneuer & corn dogs lingering in the air indicates that the FAIR is in town! Yesterday I took Landon to the state fair. We explored the exbitis, checked out the rides, but most importantly had a corn dog. AND BOY did he gobbled that thing down..... (and so did I)
After looking online for a halloween costume for Landon the last month or more, I finally purchased one for him. I don't want to spoil it for those who want to be surprised....(Jeanie)...but lets just say "The Force Be With You".
Jeff came home a little early yesterday & the three of us played outside until it was time for Landon to get a bath & go to bed. We live pretty close to a regional airport & airplanes buzz our home frequently. Jeff & I are convinced we have a little pilot on our hands (only fitting seeing as though his uncle, grandfather, and great-grandfather are/were pilots) Every time he spots a plane he stops dead in his tracks & hollers out "AIRPLANE"! We'll be driving & that kid will see a plane while it's flying between the clouds. He's AMAZING.....
But no matter how busy Landon is, whether he's pointing at planes or pulling his little red wagon, if you ask him for a kiss, he will walk over to you & plant a "big one" on ya!.
I'm not sure why God elected Jeff & I to raise one of His children. I'm very grateful to God for Landon. Landon's arrival took Jeff & I by surprised, but then again God's Will usually does. Landon has changed our lives for the better. I reflect back on what our lives were like better Landon & in all honestly....not very fulfilling. I think for me, I began to truly activate my faith once Landon was born. God gave me a part of Himself when He created Landon. What a special gift.....

No comments: